CDL - Trucking for Ex-felons

Inga13
Which is the best and least expensive way for an ex-felon to get a CDL-License in California? Long Beach? Thank you.

Re: CDL - Trucking for Ex-felons

Chase F
Hi Inga,

Sorry I don't know too much about this. I would imagine they would need to attend a truck-driving school and then take the exam to get their license. It would be a good idea to call any truck-driving schools you find in the area and ask if they accept Pell grants.

Chase

2011/1/19 Inga13 [via CA Reentry] <[hidden email]>
Which is the best and least expensive way for an ex-felon to get a CDL-License in California? Long Beach? Thank you.

http://ca-reentry.4516265.n2.nabble.com/CDL-Trucking-for-Ex-felons-tp5942613p5942613.html
To start a new topic under CA Reentry, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CA Reentry, click here.

Re: CDL - Trucking for Ex-felons

annl
I agree with Chase.  Most of the training programs like CDL are NOT eligible for Pell grants (they used to but because there were so many abuses in the past, the government is much stricter about it), so that means that most are either private pay or students can be eligible for Career loans which are not government subsidized loans and carry very high interest fees and pay back rules.  Perhaps it would be a good idea for him to contact the EDD office in Long Beach and find out if he can get some training supported through them.  you should be able to call the EDD office in Long Beach and find out if they have training through them.  If you go to http://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/Job_Seekers_Individuals.htm, you should be able to do a search on available training.

Re: CDL - Trucking for Ex-felons

David
Lisa told me that the Northern California Service League has funded truck driving school for some clients and that they have funds that can be used for other training of $3500.

Re: CDL - Trucking for Ex-felons

Inga13
Thank you! I am inquiring. Process! Inga