F.R.E.E Resource Fair on November 4, 2010

F.R.E.E Resource Fair on November 4, 2010

AWest
Administrator
The Dr. Betty Shabazz Family Resource Center
By, For, and About Students with Children
City College of San Francisco
50 Phelan Ave, SU 205
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)239-3109
                         (415)239-3739 fax

Dear Sir or Madam,

The San Francisco City College Family Resource Center is once again hosting their Annual “F.R.E.E.” (Families Reaching for Educational Empowerment) Resource Fair on November 4, 2010, from 1pm to 3pm. This event will take place in the Smith Hall Cafeteria. The purpose of this event is to provide awareness and connections between students, staff, campus resources and Bay Area service agencies. Further, we wish to invite the public, including teen-parents, foster youth and previously incarcerated individuals to come and see for themselves all the resources available to them at CCSF and the greater community.

The Family Resource Center (FRC) mission is to support parents while they obtain their degree by providing resources, a child-friendly computer lab, and a supervised child activity room for drop-in and the Parent Exchange Program (PEP), which gives student parents free child care while they attend class. Additionally, the Center advocates for its members on a local, state and national level.

The goal of this resource fair however is, not only help and support students who are already attending CCSF, but to outreach to the community to show that EDUCATION IS POSSIBLE, no matter what the barriers. We believe your program is a much valued resource that students and perspective students need to know about. Further, this is a wonderful opportunity to network with other CCSF and Bay Area programs. In these economic times, resources are especially needed and your participation is key to making this event successful. We hope that you will join us for this important event.

Our event will also provide an open space for cultural performances, musical entertainment, and more. If you know of a local act or group wanting to showcase their skills and celebrate with us, please send us a referral.

Your prompt reply to this invite is much appreciated and can be received via phone, fax, or email. Whichever mode of communication you prefer; we’ll leave our lines open to hear from you.

Thank you,

Tracey Faulkner
tpfaulkner@yahoo.com
Allyson West, Executive Director California Reentry Program P.O. Box 483 San Quentin, CA 94964 www.ca-reentry.org 415-599-6586