Fun San Quentin related event in SF Mission District

Fun San Quentin related event in SF Mission District

AWest
Administrator
Sgt. Kilmer and I will be on this panel on October 9 - should be great fun! This is part of the reminder I got which has all the details:

Litquake's Litcrawl which will be held on Saturday, October 9th at 8:30pm. It will be held at a cool coffee establishment called Ritual Roasters, 1026 Valencia St, San Francisco. Hopefully you've already saved the date. If not, mark your calendars...

Panels are one hour long. Fast moving. We want to center on San Quentin as not only a historical place, but an unlikely beacon of writing, and an institution that places high emphasis on educational programs. It would be great to touch on some history. We will have lots and lots of questions to move things along. Plus we will be reading short bits written in the class. There may even be a surprise guest or two.

This particular panel will be historic in that we will feature and expansive span of experts, from a former warden to a CO to a re-entry activist and to former members of our 7-year creative writing class, Finding Your Voice on the Page.

The event is free. Bring along or invite your friends. Afterwards we can hang in the Mish.
Allyson West, Executive Director California Reentry Program P.O. Box 483 San Quentin, CA 94964 www.ca-reentry.org 415-599-6586