Intervention Specialist/Case Manager
Caught in the Crossfire (a program of Youth ALIVE!)
This position is responsible for the provision of intensive case management and mentoring services provided by Caught in the Crossfire, a youth violence prevention/intervention program of Youth ALIVE! that provides peer-based bedside visits and intensive follow-up services to youth who have been hospitalized for violent injuries. Youth ALIVE! is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing violence and generating youth leaders in California communities.
• Provide intensive case management, mentoring and advocacy to youth involved in violence (youth who are hospitalized for gunshot wounds and other forms of violent injuries);
• Provide support to family and friends of youth;
• Provide client referrals to community service providers;
• Maintain intensive follow-up contact with clients, family, friends and service providers through home visits and telephone contact;
• Document consistently and accurately in records all contacts with clients;
• Attend weekly staff meetings;
• Represent Youth ALIVE! to the media, public officials, community leaders, etc. on strategies to prevent gun violence and improve services to youth;
• Participate in violence prevention efforts with other providers as assigned;
• Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
• Demonstrated commitment to working with youth;
• Knowledge of urban youth issues, specifically youth violence;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to take constructive criticism and work well with supervision;
• Ability to work well with diverse populations;
• Punctual & extremely reliable;
• Highly organized and detail-oriented;
• Must be able to present self and program in a professional manner;
• Flexibility to work some evenings & weekends;
• Ability to work in stressful situations;
• High School Diploma or GED required; B.A.or B.S. preferred;
• Must have reliable car and DMV clearance;
• Applicants with personal experience in overcoming violence/ violence-related injuries/ the criminal justice system are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary (starting salary dependent upon experience). Full-time (40 hours per week) non-exempt position. Benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision/Vacation/Sick Leave/Retirement/Educational Reimbursement
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to:
Kyndra Simmons-Stanley, Program Coordinator, Youth ALIVE!, 3300 Elm Street, Oakland, CA 94609
or email to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
This position is supervised by the Program Coordinator of Caught in the Crossfire.
Position available immediately.
Youth ALIVE! is an at-will employer.
Allyson West, Executive Director
California Reentry Program
P.O. Box 483
San Quentin, CA 94964