POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT/JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Re-entry Project Manager
LOCATION: North Cities One Stop Berkeley, CA and Eden Area One Stop Hayward, CA
AGENCY: The mission of Rubicon Programs Inc. is to create and deliver integrated solutions to profound social problems. Our purpose is to make a positive and lasting impact on people living in poverty and on people living with disabilities, especially psychiatric disabilities. We empower people to move out of poverty and improve their quality of life. Rubicon’s programs include workforce services, behavioral healthcare, case management, affordable housing, and legal services.
Rubicon Enterprises, Inc. is a supporting corporation of Rubicon Programs for the purpose of developing employment opportunities. The combined annual operating budget of Enterprises and Programs is over $14 million with more than 200 employees.
The Re-entry Project Manager is responsible for providing case management and employment services to new and recent parolees in Alameda County. The Re-entry Project Manager will work primarily out of the North Cities One-Stop in Berkeley and provide services at the EDEN One-Stop in Hayward as needed. This position reports to the Deputy Director of Workforce Services.
1. Three – five years of progressively responsible work experience with an ex-offender population in the field of employment services, workforce development or job placement, including assessment, career planning, goal-oriented service plans and overall intensive case management is required. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of best practices for assisting economically disadvantaged and/or other under represented populations. A Bachelor’s Degree and familiarity with area employers that hire ex-offenders desirable;
2. Strong organizational skills including prioritizing and multi-tasking; solid teamwork, interpersonal flexibility and the ability to work successfully with minimal supervision; excellent communication skills;
3. Computer and internet literacy, including Microsoft Office proficiency;
4. This position requires the incumbent to attend meetings throughout the Bay Area on a regular basis; proof of a valid and current driver license, current auto insurance, and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required;
5. Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency desirable
1. Case management: Involves intake, eligibility determination, integration, pre-employment preparation, advocacy (including negotiating with providers for the provision of training and obtaining regular progress reports re: same), counseling, post-placement follow up and program exit;
2. Conduct outreach in order to develop and maintain a) a stream of program referrals and b) strong, favorable business partnerships with stakeholders;
3. This position is responsible for meeting program referral goals and outcome targets; the incumbent will identify, screen and assist selected clients with enrollment into Employment Services programs including determining the co-enrollment eligibility of clients into other Rubicon programs such as WIA or HUD ,and providing services to these clients;
4. Network with partner agencies, including participating in case conferences and community meetings;
5. Job placements: Includes surveying the community labor market; developing employer contacts and referral sources and generating job leads; marketing services; making placements and providing post-placement support to clients and employers; involves driving to various East Bay employer sites on a regular basis; participate in employer recruitment events; job fairs, and networking events;
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Indicates essential duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties include data capture and entry at all points of the case management process and the accurate and timely reporting of same per agency standards.
HOURS: This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
HIRING RANGE: $20.67/hour to $22.83/hour, depending upon skills and experience
An additional 5% of salary may be granted for proven English/Spanish bilingual proficiency.
If applicable: An additional 5% of salary may be granted for proven English/Spanish bilingual proficiency.
Excellent benefits include health plans, paid vacation and sick leave, employer sponsored 403(b) plan.
NOTICE: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Rubicon reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at anytime with or without notice.
TO APPLY: Send us a Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form with either your resume or with a Rubicon Employment Application.
How to Obtain Forms
Visit our website:
Email, fax or mail your name, contact info and request to:
Rubicon Programs HR
2500 Bissell Avenue
Richmond, CA 94804 OR
Visit us in person. Just ask at the front desk:
2500 Bissell Avenue, Richmond
or 1918 Bonita Street, Berkeley
Where to Submit
Send your completed Applicant Tracking Form (see website) with your resume or Employment Application (see website) to:
Rubicon Programs Inc.
2500 Bissell Avenue
Richmond, California 94804
Fax: (510) 412-9029
DEADLINE: This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values diversity of culture and thought. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under law.
Rubicon is using E-Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.
Allyson West, Executive Director California Reentry Program P.O. Box 483 San Quentin, CA 94964 www.ca-reentry.org 415-599-6586
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|