Independent Study Implementation Manager (San Francisco)
Date: 2012-05-02, 9:52AM PDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Independent Study Implementation Manager
In an effort to both increase educational options for incarcerated adults that focus on restorative justice and to offer a path for obtaining a high school diploma, Sheriff Michael Hennessey founded Five Keys Charter School. Open since 2003 and operating year round, the San Francisco Sheriff's Department's Five Keys Charter School is a first-in-the-nation public charter high school which operates at a county jail and community / post-release sites. FKCS will serve over 5,000 adult students in the 2011-2012 school year, with an average of 700 adult students a day. FKCS helps these adult students restart their education, advance toward graduation and pursue goals of post-secondary education, employment and positive reentry into the community.
Under the Director of Operations' supervision, the Independent Study Implementation Manager performs the full range of day-to-day operational support functions related to maintaining and tracking of all student work and data including attendance and unit completion reporting as it relates to independent study course work.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining and updating the Five Keys student information system ( SIS: data entry) with independent study (ISP) student attendance and unit completion, auditing independent study student files, assisting teachers in data entry as is relates to weekly deadlines for attendance and grades. Operational support includes providing ongoing training and support in school independent study regulations and procedures to staff, monitoring (ISP) systems/ resources, maintaining communication links, supervising independent study paperwork, and providing first-line assistance for operational problems related to (ISP). Performance is measured by accurate work and meeting reporting deadlines.
This position is approximately 30-50% data entry.
Key Job Elements Independent Study Implentation Manager
• Responsible for supervising, supporting and administering all areas of the organizations' operations as it relates to ISP paperwork and reporting, including:
o Teacher use of ISP forms and data entry.
o Assisting with ISP data entry.
o Auditing and maintaining ISP student files.
o Administrative functions: ensure compliance with registration, transcripts, attendance, assessment, electronic grade book, reports, etc. as it relates to ISP.
o Training in use of ISP.
• Responsible for maintaining student information and data system to track all student demographics necessary for ISP and attendance reporting, and for other purposes as needed.
• Supervise / direct all staff as it relates to attendance and data input and assist in data input.
• Ensure all ISP reporting timelines are met.
• Responsible for ensuring student ISP attendance is entered correctly.
• Act as the liaison between CBOs for student enrollment forms completion and to resolve ISP problems. Assist in the coordination and implementation of corrective measures; this may involve site visits, telephone assistance, remote systems or network management, and participation in technical committees.
• Document procedures and troubleshooting with ISP procedures; develop and review documentation prior to general distribution.
• Facilitate the demonstration and training of staff in the use of ISP.
• Regularly visit ISP sites to audit files, ensure compliance.
• Perform Help Desk functions related to ISP operations.
• Performs related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• Support staff in the use of equipment, i.e. computers, scanners, printers, etc.
• Maintains Five Keys SIS for ISP.
• Analyses transcripts on occasion.
• Assists with GED enrollment when needed.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to resolve challenging situations in a professional manner with understanding, respect and tact.
• Ability to work with diverse populations / Cultural competence.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills--must be a team player and work collaboratively.
• Ability to hold others accountable.
• Ability to develop and implement organized training programs and services.
• Demonstrated organization skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks with limited time and manage complex projects on a deadline
• A self-starter with a proven history of delivering results.
• Professional oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working in a fast-paced professional environment
• A strong desire to bring creative, innovative new ideas to the organization.
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced work environment.
• A good listener, collaborator and influencer. Ability to interface with people at all levels of the organization.
• 3 years supervisorial experience
• 2 years practical data entry experience
• Project management experience
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications
• Strong understanding of schools / social services systems
• Valid California Drivers License and access to an automobile (some driving is required)
• College degree preferred, but not required
Starting salary: $60,000
Generous benefits package with medical, dental and 403(b) plan. Hours: 7:50 -- 3:50 daily, exempt employee, year-round position, 10 paid holidays, 12 sick days, 4 weeks vacation, time off at winter break.
FKCS and its two sister schools, Five Keys Independence High and Five Keys Adult School, primarily operate inside the San Francisco County Jails. Through an extensive network of community partners, FKCS also places teachers at community based organizations throughout San Francisco. The administrative offices of FKCS are located at various facilities through out San Francisco.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position. The descriptions shall not be construed as the total or full extent of the specific duties and responsibilities of this particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Five Keys Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
To apply: Send pasted cover letter and resume in the body of your email to Steve Good, Executive Director. Please do not send attachments.
Questions may be directed to Steve Good at 415-734-3311. Please visit our website before calling with questions. www.fivekeyscharter.org
Allyson West, Executive Director California Reentry Program P.O. Box 483 San Quentin, CA 94964 www.ca-reentry.org 415-599-6586
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|