Job posting The Stride Center Director of Training
The Stride Center (www.stridecenter.org)
Director of Training
The Stride Center is a nonprofit organization founded in 1999 to reduce poverty by empowering adults to achieve financial self sufficiency through careers in the information technology field. Headquartered downtown Oakland, the Stride Center operates six training locations across the Bay Area and in Sacramento. Across all sites, Stride will enroll nearly 600 students in 2011.
The Stride Center is seeking a new Director of Training to oversee and lead the ongoing growth and excellence of the Stride Center’s training programs. The Stride Center’s new Director of Training will be a visionary leader with experience leading teams in the education/vocational training field who is committed to working on behalf of underserved adults.
Roles of the Director of Training
- Creating and implementing a strategic vision for the Stride Center’s training program including curriculum development, workforce trends analysis and assessment of viable career options.
- Creating, executing and managing income generating strategies to support Stride’s nonprofit mission.
- Lead the training and enrollment teams.
- Responsible for budget development, tracking and management.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with training partners, funding partners, educational institutions, service delivery partners and community partners.
- Liaison with Stride’s job development team and its social venture business, ReliaTech.
- Member of the executive team.
- Bachelors degree of equivalent
- At least 5 years experience management teams
- At least 5 years experience in the education and/or workforce development field
- Strong PC user skills including MS suite, Outlook, Google Docs and Wiki
- Experience with IT training not required, but strongly desired
- Nonprofit experience a plus
Job location: Oakland, Ca. (Must be able to drive to locations across the Bay Area and Sacramento)
Compensation: Full Time (40hrs/week) salary and benefits commensurate with experience
Submit Resume and Cover letter at email@example.com
Reference: “Director of Training” in all communications
Allyson West, Executive Director
California Reentry Program
P.O. Box 483
San Quentin, CA 94964