Prop 47 Community Forum: Progressives’ Role in Implementation 1/25/15

Prop 47 Community Forum: Progressives’ Role in Implementation 1/25/15

Proposition 47 Community Forum
Prop 47 Community Forum: Progressives’ Role in Implementation
WHY: “Prop 47: We Support It, But It’s Complicated.”
On Sunday JANUARY 25, 2015, 1:00 – 5:30 pm, at Golden Gate University School of Law
536 Mission Street in San Francisco, Room 2201 (BART to Montgomery Street Station)
Panel discussions and breakout sessions, featuring: formerly incarcerated people, public defenders, advocates for prison abolition & civil rights
 What’s the most comprehensive implementation model for Proposition 47 outreach?
 Where do we go from here for large-scale criminal justice change?
 How do we work with or around people who oppose change in our post-47 world?
 How do we build the most inclusive movement we can for future success?

1pm-2pm “Outreach & Implementation Models.” SF Public Defender Jeff Adachi, Alameda Public Defender Brendon Woods, Meredith Desautels of Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights, Eliza Hersh of East Bay Community Law Center, Lynne Lyman of Drug Policy Alliance.

2:15-3:30 ”Building An Inclusive Movement.” Lenore Anderson of Californians for Safety & Justice, Prof. Cynthia Chandler of Golden Gate University, Manuel La Fontaine of All Of Us Or None, Laura Magnani of American Friends Service Committee, Natasha Minsker of American Civil Liberties Union.

3:45-4:45 BREAKOUT SESSION “Cultivating A Network Of Unlikely Allies.”

3:45-4:45 BREAKOUT SESSION “Next Steps Towards Change.”

4:30-5:30 Wrap-up & light refreshments
Allyson West, Executive Director California Reentry Program P.O. Box 483 San Quentin, CA 94964 415-599-6586